Matrix Template Library and VS.NET 2003

Started by
3 comments, last by NickB 20 years, 3 months ago
Has anyone got the MTL to work with MSVC.NET 7.1 ? [edited by - NickB on January 11, 2004 6:05:14 PM]
Advertisement
With a bit of modification I''ve gotten the parts that I use to work with .NET 2003. (I don''t know if the parts that I don''t use would work.) Basically it involved taking the _Ptrit template class from the xutility header in .NET 2002, sticking it into its own header and including that in the relevant MTL files. Also there''s a couple of instances where they forget to use the typename keyword and template <> when doing specializations.
Brilliant! thanks! that works (my requirements are fairly simple!), just one thing I couldn''t clear-up, does anyone know what this is meant to do - I can''t figure out how to correct it so that the VS.NET compiler is happy with it:

// from about line 199 in "mtl/dense2D.h"template <class size_t, int MM, int NN>inline rect_offset<size_t,MM,NN>::rect_offset(const rect_offset<size_t,MM,NN>::transpose_type& x)  : dim(x.dim), ld(x.ld) { } 

I assume it''s meant to be some kind of trait or policy ... but I can''t see how to make it work; at the moment I''ve got it commented out which works okay for the moment; I''m just not sure how critical it is.
Try changing it to:
template <class size_t, int MM, int NN>inline rect_offset<size_t,MM,NN>::rect_offset(const typename rect_offset<size_t,MM,NN>::transpose_type& x)  : dim(x.dim), ld(x.ld) { }   

This is one of the missing typename lines of code.

edit: <> stuff

[edited by - SiCrane on January 11, 2004 6:20:31 PM]
Thanks !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement