Any good book on AI?

Started by
15 comments, last by pluto_knight 20 years, 3 months ago
It''s time to read something on AI. Would you like to recommend any good book on it as well as give me any suggestion. Thanks a lot.
Advertisement
I can recommend AI Programming Gems. I don''t have the second one (yet), but the first one was great for me. Especially because of the RTS articles in there, most of which were from programmers at Stainless Steel Studios (Empire Earth).

Walter O. Krawec Games
www.waltsgames.com
quote:Original post by Sam Gamgee
I can recommend AI Programming Gems. I don''t have the second one (yet), but the first one was great for me. Especially because of the RTS articles in there, most of which were from programmers at Stainless Steel Studios (Empire Earth).

Walter O. Krawec Games
www.waltsgames.com

I just got my author''s copies of AI Programming Gems 2 right before Christmas (and yes I did one chapter), but I think it''s even better than the first, for what that''s worth.

Ferretman

ferretman@gameai.com

From the High Mountains of Colorado

GameAI.Com

Ferretman
ferretman@gameai.com
From the High Mountains of Colorado
GameAI.Com

Charles River Media also has a book out called AI Application Programming. It''s organized like the Game Programming Gems and AI Game Programming Wisdom series'', a collection of smallish articles on AI topics. Since it''s not specifically focused on games it branches out and covers some stuff that''s not in the books in their game library. I''ve only read a few of their articles so far, but they''ve been very good. Looks like another indispensible book from CRM.

[Edited by - The_Incubator on June 14, 2006 2:48:39 PM]
What''s your level of education? Artificial Intelligence: Modern Approach by Russell and Norvig is a traditional introduction to AI in universities. It''s not focused on game AI but it contains most of the information you need to implement a great game AI (the missing parts should be deduceable).
quote:Original post by pluto_knight
It''s time to read something on AI.
Would you like to recommend any good book on it as well as give
me any suggestion.

Do you have a specific interest? Machine learning? Expert systems? Fuzzy logic? What?

-Predictor
http://will.dwinnell.com

I''ve heard AI Game Development is quite good too...

AiGameDev.com

Join us in Vienna for the nucl.ai Conference 2015, on July 20-22... Don't miss it!

quote:Original post by alexjc

AiGameDev.com

Just vicious rumors circulated by a small group of highly paid schills.

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer
Intrinsic Algorithm - "Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

quote:Original post by InnocuousFox
quote:Original post by alexjc

AiGameDev.com

Just vicious rumors circulated by a small group of highly paid schills.

What about your suggestion?
Would you like to tell me?
Thanks.
Well, for starters, I had the honor of reviewing the aforementioned book - which are included both on Amazon and inside the front cover. (I was a highly paid schill starting viscious rumors!)

I also have "AI Programming Wisdom" which has given me some great stuff to use in my game.

Dave Mark - President and Lead Designer of Intrinsic Algorithm LLC
Professional consultant on game AI, mathematical modeling, simulation modeling
Co-founder and 10 year advisor of the GDC AI Summit
Author of the book, Behavioral Mathematics for Game AI
Blogs I write:
IA News - What's happening at IA | IA on AI - AI news and notes | Post-Play'em - Observations on AI of games I play

"Reducing the world to mathematical equations!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement