Just wondering......

Started by
6 comments, last by Untouchable2K 20 years, 1 month ago
What were the lastest opengl beta release? Im using opengl 1.21 on a intel graphic card. It works good, but i was wondering was there more. If openGL is dead, then was there more software programs. Thanks!
The World just aint knowing, and you wont know till you see me -U.2.K.
Advertisement
opengl is far from dead, the latest is 1.5 and the next HUGE release will be 2.0
we''ll probably get a 1.6 spec in June before then anyways

*twiddles thumbs waiting for the recent meeting notes to be put up*

Cool!

Alright, where do i download the other releases? Cause www.glsetup.com or org is shutdown. So where do i go to download and which ones do i download, meaning right now i have opengl 118 and 121 install. SO do i unstall those 2 and install 1.3 or 1.4 confused.....

There is no single downloadable GL, because the GL is just a specification. Hardware vendors write their own implementations of the spec, so the GL version you use and supported extensions are determined by your video card/chipset capabilities and drivers.

I've never used an integrated chipset, but I'm guessing that the video drivers are included in your motherboard drivers, which you should be able to download from intel's web site.

Bear in mind that the extensions your card supports are generally more valid than the version number as a guide to its capabilities. Read the Forum FAQ if you want to know more about extensions.

[edited by - benjamin bunny on March 7, 2004 2:14:45 PM]

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

So what do you call those opengl setups that are included in games(pc games)? Thats what im looking for, cause when i install alone in the dark 4 there is a option to download opengl v1.21(thats the one im using). So im looking for more releases, but the website is gone.

I was just wondering where could i find more beta releases? They all have their share of bugs, but so far the ones i have been downloading are good. What website has more beta versions?

btw intel does not have what im looking for, i have been looking on their website for the longest time.

[edited by - Untouchable2K on March 7, 2004 4:33:52 PM]

[edited by - Untouchable2K on March 7, 2004 4:34:46 PM]
Open GL is NOT dead, i personally dont use it, prefer dx (d3d specifically) but Open GL is definitely not dead...
-Dan
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
quote:Original post by Untouchable2K
So what do you call those opengl setups that are included in games(pc games)? Thats what im looking for, cause when i install alone in the dark 4 there is a option to download opengl v1.21(thats the one im using). So im looking for more releases, but the website is gone.

I was just wondering where could i find more beta releases? They all have their share of bugs, but so far the ones i have been downloading are good. What website has more beta versions?

btw intel does not have what im looking for, i have been looking on their website for the longest time.

[edited by - Untouchable2K on March 7, 2004 4:33:52 PM]

[edited by - Untouchable2K on March 7, 2004 4:34:46 PM]

You seem to be talking about GLSetup, which is just a program to download the latest video driver for you. If you really want to download OpenGL, you can get version 1.5 here. I don''t think it''ll help you much though.

I suspect what you really need to do is google for video drivers. Either way, this is an OpenGL programming forum, not a PC help forum.

____________________________________________________________www.elf-stone.com | Automated GL Extension Loading: GLee 5.00 for Win32 and Linux

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement