Damn you MSVC++.NET!!

Started by
6 comments, last by Ekim_Gram 20 years, 1 month ago
Ok, for the past month I''ve been developing games and sending my friends little mini betas when I progress and add something. Everything has been working fine but then out of nowhere it stared asking for MSVCR71D.dll. So I packed it in with the zip but it still asked for it. I told them to put it in the C:\WINDOWS\System32 folder and still no go. What''s wrong? VG-Force | Ekim Gram Productions
Advertisement
Just put the DLL in the same directory as the executable.

- Benny
-Benny-
Try compiling in release build and statically linking with the C Runtimes.
quote:Original post by benstr
Just put the DLL in the same directory as the executable.

- Benny

I''m not stupid...

VG-Force | Ekim Gram Productions
I didn''t say you are
-Benny-
I know you didn't but I find it a bit offensive that you didn't assume that I tried that already.

Also, I put it to build in release and now I've got an assload of unresolved external symbols...

EDIT: Ok, I fixed the unresolved errors but now I'm getting some strange linker errors...

Linking...msvcrt.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: __thiscall type_info::type_info(class type_info const &)" (??0type_info@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBC.lib(typinfo.obj)msvcrt.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: class type_info & __thiscall type_info::operator=(class type_info const &)" (??4type_info@@AAEAAV0@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBC.lib(typinfo.obj)msvcrt.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: _exit already defined in LIBC.lib(crt0dat.obj)msvcrt.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: _strncpy already defined in LIBC.lib(strncpy.obj)msvcrt.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: _fopen already defined in LIBC.lib(fopen.obj)msvcrt.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: _fgetc already defined in LIBC.lib(fgetc.obj)msvcrt.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: _fclose already defined in LIBC.lib(fclose.obj)msvcrt.lib(MSVCR71.dll) : error LNK2005: __isctype already defined in LIBC.lib(isctype.obj)LIBC.lib(crt0init.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'msvcrt.lib' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:libraryRelease/Space Blasters.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found 

VG-Force | Ekim Gram Productions

[edited by - Ekim_Gram on March 27, 2004 1:58:38 PM]
I am not positive of this, but I don''t think you are really suppose to redistribute that dll. I don''t remember where I ran across this info; maybe on the MS website?

Over all, send people release builds - it likes to the version of the runtime they already have, and it keeps you on the legal side of things anyway.
change the settings under C++->Code generation to use multi-threaded runtime library instead of single threaded

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement