Gimme some cool web programming tricks.

Started by
14 comments, last by SSJCORY 19 years, 11 months ago
Well i''m sorta new to web programming and i was wondering if anyone could give me a few tips on spicing up my webpages? So far they look pretty dull. Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You shall not pass!|Smeagol: We don''t need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You cannot pass!|Smeagol: We don't need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
Advertisement
here's teh mother of all tricks:
add a link to http://www.everythingnintendo.cjb.net !

[edited by - pimple on May 9, 2004 11:42:48 AM]
---Current project - Duck Hunt 2: Free at Last!http://www.duckhunt2.cjb.net
That is a great mario design for a site.

Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You shall not pass!|Smeagol: We don''t need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You cannot pass!|Smeagol: We don't need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
Add eye candy that is enjoyable, but doesn''t take too much space or download time.

For each page, include links to pages that have a relationship with it, as well as a way to return to the homepage.

For each page, create an icon that is displayed on both links, and on the given page.

As a rule of thumb, make site navigability your first concern.

Don''t make spelling errors / grammar errors.

Make a consistent color scheme (not like your signature ) and stick to it on all pages.

Someone''s impression of a site depends at first on the graphics on the site, but after a few minutes, site navigability takes over.

Victor Nicollet, INT13 game programmer

Victor my friend long time no see. How''s things going with your cellphone development?

Favorite Quotes:Gandalf: You shall not pass!|Smeagol: We don''t need you!|Sloth: Hey you guys!|
This site would be a bad example because too much graphics right? WarriorNation

<meta http-equiv="Page-Enter"
content="revealTrans(Duration=3.0,Transition=23)">

and colour your scrollbars..
These tricks work with MSIE only.

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong
- sitting in his chair doing the most time-consuming thing..
What does that do pipo? I dun see any difference loadin my page with it.

If you wanna add a little 16*16 pixil image to the address bar or favourites list (like GDNet does), add the following inside your <head> and </head> tags:

<link rel="icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/ico">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico">

You can replace the href with the path to your image. I think it does have to be a ''.ico'' file though.
Thanks botman i''ll try that in a bit.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement