3Ds Max v6 (getting started)

Started by
45 comments, last by Sneftel 19 years, 10 months ago
you can find beginner tutorials at places like "3Dcafe" alot of the beginner tutorials are writen for early versions of MAX but realy nothing should have changed at the basic level. the newer versions only have changes made to the advanved tools.
so search for early version tutorials.

i made one for super beginners just starting out, you can download it from "Turbosquid.com" just search for "adam richards"

it tells you how to make basic shapes, texture them, light them, render them, basicly everything you want to do the day you get the program.

good luck with it!
Advertisement
You can legitimately download a copy of Max6 from Discreets website. Maybe he was using that version?
quote:Original post by area51
You can legitimately download a copy of Max6 from Discreets website. Maybe he was using that version?

It have a nonsense, max cost a lot of money and if you buy it, then you want the complete packager not only a just a cd-r version.

BUT it can happens that some friends give the cd for test (and just the cd), or you want to use the max of you business in your home or laptop, if it''s not installed in 2 pc concurently, then it''s completely legal!.

-----------------------------------------------"Cuando se es peon, la unica salida es la revolución"
Yeah thats a pretty asshole thing to ban him over.

He was asking for help learning software, not coming on here asking where to get it for free or advertising where to get it for free.

what we do in life, echoes in eternity
______________________________________what we do in life, echoes in eternity
Check the thread.

Palidine states that warez versions of 3DS Max you download off the net usually had backdoors and other nastyfun stuff included along with them. Immediately after, Bobber stated he hadn''t noticed any virus or worms.

Now, this could be a case of Bobber not reading carefully, but I think Palidine''s message was fairly clear. Bobber didn''t say, "Oh, no, I downloaded a demo, it''s not a warez copy" or anything. Instead, he pretty much admitted he had snagged a warez copy.

You have to realize that probably 90% of the people that check this forum daily are using warez software in SOME capacity. It''s a problem for a site like GD.net -- If they get known as a haven for warez kiddies to hang out at, trading hints and such for their pirated toys, then eventually Discreet or some other company might come gunning for GD.net.

So, they''re playing it safe.

Besides, it''s also a case of resentment. If I plunk down several thousand dollars to own a piece of software, am I going to sit here all day giving advice to people who''ve stolen the software? Probably not, especially if there are a lot of freeware/low-cost alternatives that are starting to become just as powerful as the big-name 3D modelers. A lot of us are small-time indie developers. We''re not stealing from The Man and raging against the machine. We pay for this shit out of our own pockets. So when a goober with a warez copy comes along and askes how to make a box, we are understandably pissed.

---
- 2D/Pixel Artist - 3D Artist - Game Programmer - Ulfr Fenris
[[ Gaping Wolf Software ]] [[ GameGenesis Forums ]]
--- - 2D/Pixel Artist - 3D Artist - Game Programmer - Ulfr Fenris[[ Gaping Wolf Software ]] [[ GameGenesis Forums ]]
Yep, he was banned for a reason, and he pretty much said he downloaded it illegitemately.

Too bad people don't settle with cheaper, or even FREE solutions.
_________________Politics is the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen. -- Winston ChurchillGDNet-0.2 - rate users the easy way with this nifty Firefox extension. Updated with new features.
Especially considering you can download perfectly legal fully working learning editions like Maya Personal, and the Half Life 2 Softimage XSI edition etc... so if they absolutely want the best tools out there go for those and be legit. Almost every major 3D developer offer free learning editions nowadays.
No no no no! :)
Then how bout pointing him to the cheaper, free solution instead of being a dickhead?

If they are advertising that its warez ban them. If they want help setting up their warez, ban them. But shit, he asked a question that can be asked no matter the legal standing of the software.

Quote:Besides, it's also a case of resentment. If I plunk down several thousand dollars to own a piece of software, am I going to sit here all day giving advice to people who've stolen the software? Probably not, especially if there are a lot of freeware/low-cost alternatives that are starting to become just as powerful as the big-name 3D modelers. A lot of us are small-time indie developers. We're not stealing from The Man and raging against the machine. We pay for this shit out of our own pockets. So when a goober with a warez copy comes along and askes how to make a box, we are understandably pissed.

The best thing I can say to this is get a damn life. If a kid using a downloaded version of software you paid money for gets your panties in a wad, you have problems. Noone cares if youre a small time indie developer, this site isnt here to so people can whine about how much their software costs and how 'hard' it is to develop a game in their spare time. Its a place where wannabe developers can get advice and answers.

If it makes you cry so much, just dont answer him, simple as that. Or if there is indication, when prodded about the origin of his software, that it is warez, point them to a legit source.
______________________________________what we do in life, echoes in eternity
Companies behind products like 3ds max and Maya actually don't mind "newbies" downloading their programs illegally. These people wouldn't afford to buy them anyway, and they get more potential customers in the future.
2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2
@Lokken: "Its a place where wannabe developers can get advice and answers." And the moderators have made it very clear in the past that they don't want to answer the questions of people who have pirated software.

It's as simple as that. If you don't like it, then, well, take it up with the mods. No reason to attack me.
--- - 2D/Pixel Artist - 3D Artist - Game Programmer - Ulfr Fenris[[ Gaping Wolf Software ]] [[ GameGenesis Forums ]]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement