Is NeXe dead?

Started by
6 comments, last by evolutional 19 years, 9 months ago
I've read some articles of NeXe.. is it dead for good?
Rate me up.
Advertisement
Sure looks that way.
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...
Yea NeXe, RSN, Javanerd, Druid's, 3D Graphics Programming, Black art of 3dfx, Green Ribbon Campaign, Myopic Rhino Games(maybe?), OpenGL Game Developers Consortium, wolfbyte, and javaextreme.

All hosted by gamedev and i really miss some of them.
There was some interest in trying to get NeXe back on it's feet some months ago.. I'm not sure how things are going.

Here's the thread
SeanHowe's last activity on these forums was 7/20/2003, and if you can do math youll see that was 1 year 2 days ago, NeXe revival seems a little out there.
Did you read the thread I linked to? The plan was for someone, possibly ZedFX (he was very interested) to take over the administration of NeXe and possibly changing the layout and other things on the site. I lobbied for a Wiki based knowledge base where users could write their own tutorials or questions and others could improve on them. That way everyone could help create tutorials, even if they don't have the time and energy to write an entire tutorial at once.
You might be looking at the problem from the wrong angle. To locate the previous owners of NeXe might be the difficult task. Why not just start a new website about DirectX hosted by gamedev.net? That way you wouldn't have to get NeXe's permission and the staff of gamedev.net would hopefully then be less hesitant.
Quote:Original post by frostburn
I lobbied for a Wiki based knowledge base where users could write their own tutorials or questions and others could improve on them. That way everyone could help create tutorials, even if they don't have the time and energy to write an entire tutorial at once.

Yeah I remembered that post, it was a damn good idea.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement