Dreaded SAT's

Started by
28 comments, last by etothex 19 years, 9 months ago
Man... I'm studying during summer... Anyone else going to be a Junior? And for everyone eles (who has taken it - and gotten a good score) any suggestions for studying?
Advertisement
It all depends on what area you're weakest in. If you're great with math, but not so good with english, i'd get a list of SAT words and study maybe 10 or 20 per day leading up to the test.

SAT Words
Don't bother. Just take the thing cold. The worst that will happen is you retake it a few weeks later, and that time you know what areas you need to bone up on.

CM
Quote:Original post by Conner McCloud
Don't bother. Just take the thing cold. The worst that will happen is you retake it a few weeks later, and that time you know what areas you need to bone up on.

CM

I second this suggestion.
Quote:Original post by Conner McCloud

CM

So, what if you're aiming for 1600?
Make sure you know how to read and get a few good nights (plural) of sleep before you take the test. Anything else you do is a waste of time and/or money. Your grades and extra curriculars are what matter.
-Yo, I couldn''t think of anything else for my sig.TobiasA+, Linux+
Just do well. A perfect score won't get you much more than a pat on the back and an article in the local newspaper. If you're lucky you'll get some kind of (small) scholarship.

If it's not too late, the PSAT's can actually get you more than the SAT's. Like...a full ride scholarship for instance.

Of course, if you want to study, by all means do. Just don't let it stress you out.
If you understand english grammar and know algebra and geometry, you should do fine. Vocabulary might be somewhat difficult.
If the college you're attending doesn't mind, take the ACT instead. It has much more math and much less language, which seems to match the skillset of most CS students I know. I wish I would have taken the ACT twice, or at least tried the SAT, but I did pretty good just doing a cold run of the ACT.
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
I think the SAT is out of 2400 this year, because of the new writing section :(

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement