How many does your engine link to?

Started by
47 comments, last by 1LINUXuser 19 years, 4 months ago
Since I've been having so much *fun* lately trying to incorporate various librarires into my engine, I was wondering, what is everyone else using? Here's stuff my engine's newest incarnation(a lot of rewrites, restarts, and about 4 names) can use so far. GLFW Lua 5.0.2 LuaGL Newton Game Dynamics(physics) Free Multi-Body Package - from www.oxforddynamics.co.uk zlib unzip and zip DevIL Freetype 2.1.9
Advertisement
I try to use the less I can.

Win32 related stuff
X11
SDL
OpenGL
Freetype
zlib
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Irrlicht
ODE
FMod
Boost.Python
SDL
Opengl
ODE(Open Dynamics Engine)
Quantatium(the engine my team is developing)
Client:
SDL
SDL_net
OpenGL
LibXML2
OpenAL
OGG/Vorbis

Server:
SDL
SDL_net
Small
hey radup, all of your networking was done with SDL_net for your game? just curious

EDIT: aw hell, ill play too:

SDL
OpenGL
Lua
FTA, my 2D futuristic action MMORPG
Yes, all the network is done via SDL_net
Direct[Draw/Input/Sound]
Win32
WinSock

Since I've been having so much *fun* in the past trying to bend someone else's code to my liking we've settled on the bare minimum of external dependencies. Everything else, from basic things like lists to networking, compression and the sound system, is custom written for our game.
Besides where's the fun in letting someone else do the work for you ;)
My current game links with Lua and Allegro. And once all the enemies and objects are plotted out, the scripts will be hardcoded and it will be just Allegro. [cool]

Jesus saves ... the rest of you take 2d4 fire damage.

yeah, i enjoy having *fun* too. my engine/massive collection of interfaces uses sdl, fmod, and opengl as defaults, but various parts (input, sound, video, ect) can be replaced/added on with win32, fltk, sdl_mixer, directx(not graphics rendering) and freetype.
- stormrunner

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement