GAH! WTF?

Started by
25 comments, last by d000hg 19 years, 8 months ago
Are there any decent, totally free source control apps? Particularly ones which integrste with MSVC and include a difference tool?
Advertisement
I've been using Vault from sourcegear lately. A single user instance is free, and it uses MSSQL Server as the backend (you can use MSDE if you want).

It has atomic commits, and is available over the internet if that sort of thing takes your fancy. I use it in a professional sense (I am an IT Consultant, and this allows me to access my repository from client sites) and have nothing but praise for it (at time of writing....).

P.S. Excuse any spelling mistakes. The footy is on, i've had a few beers, and I've got a new keyboard and it's hard to get used to!
Quote:Original post by d000hg
Are there any decent, totally free source control apps? Particularly ones which integrste with MSVC and include a difference tool?

Perforce is by far the best sourcecontrol i've ever tried.
And it's free for 2 users.
Quote:Original post by bgreen
I've been using Vault from sourcegear lately. A single user instance is free, and it uses MSSQL Server as the backend (you can use MSDE if you want).

It has atomic commits, and is available over the internet if that sort of thing takes your fancy. I use it in a professional sense (I am an IT Consultant, and this allows me to access my repository from client sites) and have nothing but praise for it (at time of writing....).

P.S. Excuse any spelling mistakes. The footy is on, i've had a few beers, and I've got a new keyboard and it's hard to get used to!

I hear Arild's AnkhSVN is good, but as my project uses neither MSVC++ nor subversion I haven't used it.
Quote:Original post by etothex
Quote:Original post by bgreen

I hear Arild's AnkhSVN is good, but as my project uses neither MSVC++ nor subversion I haven't used it.

I tried it, but it was taking so long to setup and get working properly, I changed direction - this probably was due to the bullshit that I went through in trying to get subversion working correctly - I'm the sort of person who doesn't have time to "play" with stuff to get it working. I want to be able to install it, configure it, and have a working solution now!

I'm not normally one to promote products or anything like that, but I really have to say that this Vault has worked flawlessly for me over recent months.
Fixed it.

Quote:One thing does occur - you're passing your Csprite by value, not reference. How big (memory usage-wise) is the sprite? Does it dynamically allocate its image buffers or store them as class member arrays? If the latter, you're passing a fkukload of data on the stack every time you call this function - try passing it by reference instead (change it to "Csprite& spr, ..." instead).

Yep, that was it. I just changed all of the functions that had Csprite as a parameter and total success. Thanks to everyone.
Bugboy
Which of those products (if any) mentioned inegrates with MSVC++ like sourcesafe does? Not required but I got used to it!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement