Real Time Shadow With Multiple lights, new tutorial

Started by
22 comments, last by Tree Penguin 19 years, 8 months ago
JavaCoolDude : Nice screen shot :):), with specular bump hen? So you mean draw the scene first with an ambient .1f,.1f,.1f?
Ok, but if I want the dark to be totaly black? :P

Quote:
OrangyTang Daivuk, you lighting model is flawed. Because you accumulate all the light intensities together and only modulate by your texture once at the end you'll loose a whole load of precision and won't get proper overbright behaviour. You need to do a texture modulation after every light pass.

Hum, that's a good idea :). Its true that I lost a lot of precision. All become too bright. Thanks. Ya, I can use multitexturing of course :P.

But, I will not update my tutorial with thoose modif, probably another little tut à the end. Because I want to show the basic and the base of the concept first :). But I will probably add those at the end (to enhance your visual aspect). And your names of course : proposed by :
Advertisement
I don't see how your method has precision loss, can yuo explain it to me?
Quote:Original post by Tree Penguin
I don't see how your method has precision loss, can yuo explain it to me?

If the combined lights' intensities go over 1 then they'll be clamped to 1 in the framebuffer. That means that the final texture pass can only ever be at normal texture brightness. If you do a texture pass per light then the texture intensities from each light are added individually which gives a much greater range of light values (and proper overbright behaviour).
Ah, of course, thanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement