Looking for PURE C++ newbs to learn together

Started by
33 comments, last by kelcharge 19 years, 8 months ago
I'm a very new C++ programmer, I've only been programming for a week. I am looking for some other new programmers who are trying to learn C++ and know only simple basics like how to make small little programs. I would like a few people who would like to learn together and eventually make maybe a few small games together once we have the knowledge. If you're interrested, post here with your MSN (preferabbly) or AIM. Thanks :)
Advertisement
It would probably benefit you as well to ask for an experienced C++ coder to go to to ask questions when they arise.
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Looking for video game music? Check out some of my samples at http://www.youtube.c...ser/cminortunes            

I'm currently looking to create music for a project, if you are interested e-mail me at cminortunes@gmail.com    

Please only message me for hobby projects, I am not looking to create music for anything serious.
Are you volunterring yourself? ;)
Isn't this forum for just that?
Should these programmers be pure newbie, pure c++, or perhaps just pure in some other physical or metaphysical sense? ;)

On a more serious note, I'd have to agree with SumDood from personal experience and say that, though it may be more confusing at times, having an experienced person to mentor you is of FAR greater benefit than having someone whose learning along side you. If you can form your group though, more power to ya, I just expect resources like this board will be of more value.
"Game Programming" in an of itself does not exist. We learn to program and then use that knowledge to make games.
i'll pm you my msn and i'm a C++ newbie.
I have a very good book that i'm learning from, and so far i've learned some about data, strings, pointers, functions, arrays, a little about multidimentional arrays, and some about structures. Also I used to know a bit about classes and files but i've forgot that.
So I've learned some of the basics, but i'm still not very good.
and what time zone are you in? I'm in GMT +2 (when its not daylight saving time i'm in GMT +1).
Tobbe
Okay, I've got 2 ppl added, another one or 2 would be good :)
first lesson of C++:

standard header files should not have ".h"s
example:
#include <iostream>//not#include <iostream.h> // very very bad.

second lesson play with this code!
#include <iostream> // allows you to have input and output#include <string> // C++ version of strings, makes life very easyusing namespace std; // qualifies variables from the two header filesint main() {   string Word1 = NULL; //way to initialize and clear strings   string Word2 = NULL;   int number1 = 0; // always good to initialize variables   int number2 = 0;    cin >> Word1; //here's your input   cout << Word1 << endl; //there's your output    cin >> number1;   cin >> number2;   Word2 = "This code is crazy.";   cout << Word2 << endl;   cin >> Word2;   cout << "New word " << Word2 << endl;    cout << Word1 << Word2 << number1 + number2 << endl;   return 0;}

enjoy!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

I'll pm you my Aim because for some reason it won't let me use msn
with windows xp. I'm a complete newbie i've only been using c++ for a few days but I know a few things.
I have just been using C++ for the last few days as I've been working on a very basic text-adventure game. You can contact me via email at Slayer@talk-linux.com or AIM TheSlayer097. I would be very happy to join your group, but I think that its more of the blind leading the blind unless we have some experience programmers to give us some tips now and them and help us along.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement