My first effort ...for your consideration!

Started by
13 comments, last by Roboguy 19 years, 7 months ago
Cheers, corrington_j! Don't worry about thinking you'll upset me by making suggestions about the poor state of my code...that's why I posted so I could learn! Thanks for your comments, I'll definetely make some changes to my code!
Advertisement
I did something like what you done for my frist game.i was learning C++ at the time as well.for my aliens(well, chickens...) i used a linked list to store the objects.i dont know if thats what youre doing here but if youre not then i think you should think about using them.had lots of problems with memory leaks but it was good learning!also for my collision, i did it with circles instead of of squares, but i guess i was just making it hard on my self!nice work, keep it up!
What d'you mean I believe in GOD!?!...Talk to him every day!
Nice work man :)

------------------
www.leakfree.org - A Half-Life 2 Development Community
New version available! Now with shooting! :)

I've incorporated several suggestions made to me, like not name my alien class 'alien_object', not using 'new' when adding objects to my STL vector and several others. The code is still messy compared to the pros, but I am learning! ;)

As before it contains an executable demo allowing you to try it out! Keep those suggestions/comments coming folks!

http://members.gamedev.net/whaleyboy/GapiTest/source2.zip

Oh and the graphics (which are only stand in) are better! (I borrowed them from Thunderforce 4 on the megadrive)
Not bad, but I recommend naming the class Alien, not Alien_Class, it describes it just as well, and there isn't as much typinga (plus more ppl do it that way).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement