[java] Platform game (updated)

Started by
14 comments, last by GameDev.net 19 years, 7 months ago
yep, great, fixed!
Nice game, nice level setup, allthough I agree the jet is a bit slow.

good work!
8! bits.. wow..
Advertisement
Your game engine is really great, save my time to write my own.

The gamedev utilities are great too, I am learning J2ME game programming and using the tools right now.

Thanks for your tools :) and keep up the great work ;)

I played both, and I like both.

The music of the platformer kinda reminds me of music from some games made for the SNES. It seems that you made it so that the player's jet fuel guage will stop refilling if the player is moving. I think, for this particular game, the guage should refill regardless of whether the player is moving. The framerate was decent. I wasn't quite sure if Java could even achieve such framerates when dealing with the sort of graphics this game used, but you proved it could be done. One thing that I noticed, is that the screen doesn't seem to always redraw itself properly; this is most noticible during the levels where the screen is scrolling.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks flim and AP

@flim, but what tools are you talking about?
My Game Engine is to be used on J2SE, but you said you are learning J2ME game programming? How can you use my game engine on J2ME???

@AP, if the jet always refuel even the robo move, it makes the game very easy. I'll look on the redraw thing, anyway how many fps you could achieve when you type 'hyperspeed' (to max out the fps)???
-------------Golden T Game Engine - Java Game EngineGolden T Website | Golden T Forum
Bitmap Combine & Bitmap Masking, very great utilities.

I haven't study your game engine yet, I will try it after the mobile game design course finished.
Quote:
if the jet always refuel even the robo move, it makes the game very easy

Well, if you truly believe so.

Quote:
anyway how many fps you could achieve when you type 'hyperspeed' (to max out the fps)???

The max was 42, but the average was between 35 and 38. My OS is Windows ME. The game was run in fullscreen with the buffer strategy.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement