sunandshadow's journal: read it!

Started by
8 comments, last by sunandshadow 19 years, 7 months ago
sunandshadow provides excellent information on game design, conceptual clothing design, and other non-programming elements of game development. There are so few comments... well, there are a bit more than the average GDnet+ journal... but sunandshadow deserves more visitors, praise, and comments. Read sunandshadow's journal here
Advertisement
Wow, thank you for the recommendation! :) I would certainly like to get some more comments,because my next topic is going to be the very difficult one of plot, and I need some encouragement before I tackle it.

For those who want more info, here is a list of the topics I have covered so far:
what is concept art, my current project
source images and concepting
designing concept art, clothing + monsters
implementing clothing in the mmorpg
complexity levels of designing different things
outline of types of game content
genres and features wishlist
starting to design a story
characters
worldbuilding
naming

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

This might have a high "duh factor" for some of you, but I'd just like to point out that as it is a journal rather than a forum thread, it should be read in reverse order (starting at the bottom entry, not the top).

I've bookmarked it for later perusal (it's the early hours of the morning here).
I agree. I had read up to the implementation of clothing in (MMO)RPGs, and I was in awe. Not only are they *great* excellent ideas (of which I have no hope of accomplishing, damn being a hobbiest!!! [wink]), but I was amazed that not only does sunandshadow have enough time to write all this AND still get work done, but also gets paid for it (damn being a hobbiest!!! [wink]).

So what are you reading this for? Go read the journal!
/me pulls up a chair and gets to reading
Quote:Original post by Adraeus
sunandshadow provides excellent information on game design, conceptual clothing design, and other non-programming elements of game development. There are so few comments... well, there are a bit more than the average GDnet+ journal... but sunandshadow deserves more visitors, praise, and comments.

Read sunandshadow's journal here

And this is supposed to be new news?

[edit]
for those that misunderstood me:

people who have been frequenting the "design" forums should know that sunandshadow is a superior source of "design" information. My remark was supposed to be a compliment to s&s, not a put down to Adraeus - I should have said it differently...
[/edit]

[Edited by - IFooBar on September 6, 2004 1:26:38 AM]
[size=2]aliak.net
"It" is whatever you want "it" to be. :)
I agree; I've even recommended that journal to non-gamedevers, to help with general writing.
^_^ Thank you all! (Although I have to wonder, if my journal is so useful, why doesn't anybody leave any comments on it...? :( )

Anyway, just posting to let you all know I added a new entry about plot just now. :)

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

I updated this again. I'm kind of out of ideas about what to cover next, so if anyone has any suggesions I'd be happy to hear them.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement