window programming...

Started by
1 comment, last by Oluseyi 19 years, 7 months ago
Just a simple question. I know alot of c++, i do 3d programming stuff, but the most *real* win32 programming i can do is just the windowclass stuff etc. i need to get opengl running, after that i have no clue how to program windows stuff. I always use vb to make my game engine tools like map editors and stuff, but id like to *never* have to use vb again. Does anyone know of a sweet tut that would help me figure out basic window programming? (such as perhaps grabbing picturebox DCs, command button clicks, etc etc.)
---------------------------------------------think outside the quadLogic GamesI realized I stay on the pc too long when my wireless mouse died after replacing the batteries...twice
Advertisement
A good beginner's place to start is The Forger's WinProg Tutorials, it covers quite a lot of ground, including using GDI. There's normally a huge range of useful Win32 stuff on CodeProject, as well as GameTuorials - Win32 Pages.
Win32 programming is painful, ugly and arduous. If you are interested in productivity and elegance, consider Windows Forms (if .NET is acceptable to you), WTL or wxWidgets.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement