What game you suggest I make?

Started by
32 comments, last by theNestruo 19 years, 7 months ago
Hi, I'm trying to think of a game that will keep me motivated to make it. Except I can't think of anything, I like making little a.i. style programs so maybe something along those lines, but i cant think of anything. I got a decent knowlege of directx, and i believe i am capable of more advancish games... any ideas? thanks
Advertisement
You might try a turn based battle game.

Basic handling is easy to implement and there's a place for a good AI (moving, taking current carried weapon(s) in account).

And there's too few turn based battle games on PC anyway.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

There is a place on gamedev that discusses this right here. The articles suggest you start with Tetris. This should be a good starter program for you. Then, because you like A.I., you could code some A.I. into the tetris game to play against some how. Or you could build a PAC-MAN clone.

[Edited by - sakky on September 17, 2004 11:07:47 AM]
Take back the internet with the most awsome browser around, FireFox
[sarcasm]You should definitely make a quake 3 clone. There's not enough of those on the planet.[/sarcasm]

I would say a nice little chip's challenge would be more entertaining to write for a beginner level. Or maybe a simple zelda-ish game.
Isn't it http://www.gamedev.net/reference/start_here/ ?
Kodawari...
Warlords!
Warlords Rocks!!!
You should make asteroids clone in 3D. That may not be hard to
make game.

P.S.
Welcome to all i'm Lukas07 :).
A bomberman clone!
What happened to that game you told me you were making, with all the soldiers?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement