Importance of Business Studies?

Started by
1 comment, last by Zul 19 years, 6 months ago
Hi, I posted about the importance of Physics in the Maths & Physics forum so now I need to know the importance of Business Studies in software engineering. Could somebody tell me the advantages Business Studies has over Physics in terms of Software Engineering. Also, if anyone knows any good books on writing evaluations and analyses in general please tell me which book. Thanks in Advance Tom
Advertisement
Quote:Also, if anyone knows any good books on writing evaluations and analyses in general please tell me which book.
Project Management described analyses of project scheduling and project payoff.
I would say it's not very important in terms of being able to land a job. Since most every software company has their own processes and procedures for all levels of development, that's something they expect to train you on when you're a junior developer. What they're going to care about most is that you know what you're doing when it comes to programming.

That being said, it certainly couldn't hurt to have some knowledge of project management and proper software design and development processes. It might make you stand out a bit from other new developers that you compete with for a job, so I say take a course in it if you get the chance.
oh hai

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement