Your favorite programming language

Started by
59 comments, last by Useless Hacker 19 years, 6 months ago
VB6 [razz] [/serious stupidity]
Advertisement
used to be C++, but I'm enjoying VB .Net more and more - people complain about its verbosity, but if you're using the IDE it's not a problem. and I haven't had a misgrouped {} in ages :)
I can remember back to Commodore times. I liked coding in C64 basic. My favourite is ANSI C now. But I'm about to have a closer look at another interesting languages such as Python, Perl etc.

if image is broken click there

It was first programmable device i had (no,i'm not that old)

It have no assembler, no programming language, and programmed _in_codes_. Really, people, in codes. To simplify things, you kinda enter assembler instructions using specialized keyboard. Not so long to type. Command set is pretty pleasant for so simple device. You see codes on the screen, you have to catch typos. After some programming you're able to read codes.

It's most funny thing evar.

Damn, every time i see stupid ...capitalistic... mobile phones that have microprocessor several _millions_ times faster than one in mk56, and it can't be just coded (with java, you need big pc to develop, you can't enter codes, no fun)....

as about "normal" languages... Assembler(x86), Sinclair ZX spectrum 48 basic, Pascal, Java, C++, once tried Haskell(tried hard enough) and feelt inconfortabe that some things may be O(n) with one compiler and O(n2) with other.(say, Fibonacci numbers). All those languages have serious drawbacks.
Python. Once IronPython hits stable release (and with Huginin now working at Microsoft, I expect to see significant improvements), I won't even need C# as a backup anymore.
C++ is teh lagnuage of teh aewsome!!!!!11one

But no, I really do like the langauge.
_______________________________________________________________________________________He's a real no where man, sitting in his no where land, making all his no where plans for nobody...
Ruby and straight C. Both are just so clean. mmmm. Whats best is writing ruby classes in C for added speed if needed.
--------------------------I present for tribute this haiku:Inane Ravings OfThe Haunting JubilationA Mad Engineer©Copyright 2005 ExtrariusAll Rights Reserved
Hmm, I like whatever language makes my programming task the easiest.

That said, it's usually C++ or Java.
C++ because I'm super proficient with it (which makes things quite fast), and of course, it's a very powerful, and well supported language.

Java because I am becoming the Swing master! God, I love Swing! Making a GUI is caek with Java. OMG, I'm horny for Swing! Plus, as was mentioned before, Java's documentation is some of the best I've ever seen, period, plus, the tutorials are super useful.

Basically, for me, if C++ just won't cut it, Java probably will, or vice versa.

Also, I've been working with MatLab at work, and I must say, it has a wonderful programming language. Very expressive, and clean to program with(except for the hacks at work who decide to mangle it, then I have to fix it!)

I still need to learn C# though. (Of course, between Java, and C++, I probably wouldn't gain a whole heck of a lot).
______________________________"Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains" - J.J. Rousseau
Quote:Original post by Cold_Steel
I still need to learn C# though. (Of course, between Java, and C++, I probably wouldn't gain a whole heck of a lot).

Oh, you have no idea. Imagine Java, but with most of the C++ functionality thrown back in, not to mention the incredible API the Framework provides...and documentation that is far, far superior to the Javadocs.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Quote:Original post by Witchcraven
Ruby and straight C. Both are just so clean. mmmm. Whats best is writing ruby classes in C for added speed if needed.

I've never had to do that myself, but then again, I've never needed much more speed than what Ruby provdes me with. I read that there's a project called PyCore which is basically Python on VisualWorks Smalltalk and that it's quite faster than CPython. Maybe some old Smalltalkers turned Rubyists can take a hint and bring Ruby to that marvelous platform :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement