dev C++ doesnt like cmath

Started by
3 comments, last by Ainokea 19 years, 6 months ago
Whenever I include cmath I get errors saying things like: acosf not declared and `powf' not declared Whats could be the problem? The joys of porting my code base from VS 6.0 to dev c++. [Edited by - Ainokea on October 3, 2004 8:37:09 PM]
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.
Advertisement
Wow...we seem to have quite a lot of the same stuff going on. We should team up. Anyway, I got rid of my errors by removing Visual Studio directories from the include/lib paths. They use seperate compilers (right?), so I guess they don't like using each other's files. Anyway, I had to copy my SDL files into Dev's directories for everything to work all squeaky squishy.

EDIT: Oh, and are you getting a "depreciated file" warning? It sounds like you should be. Try using <cmath> and namespace std if you aren't using Visual Studio's directories.

EDIT AGAIN: I gotta stop saying anyway so much.
Things change.
<math.h> <cmath>
"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan
oops sorry bad forum title. I meant to say I include it like this:
#include <cmath>

I just said cmath.h to show I was talking about a header file. My bad.
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.
all cmath functions are in namespace std, at least for gcc, and tey should be for vc also.

(using namespace std; btw)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement