I want to pitch a brilliant idea!!!

Started by
37 comments, last by The Bag 19 years, 5 months ago
How much money are *you* willing to invest in this idea? Like any other venture, you will need to sacrifice your time & money on your idea in order to have something to show for. Without anything tangible on your side, you will find it difficult to have followers/publishers/investors to back you up.

-cb
Advertisement
Look, if a regular guy can get paid a million dollars from Comet to tell them to make the holes in their containers bigger, don't cut the guy out because he hasn't done any market research. Some ideas are just so good it's a no brainer.
Now I shall systematicly disimboule you with a .... Click here for Project Anime
Quote:Original post by frankskye
That's just what I mean! I need to take several pieces of games and put them together so that my idea works. There is nothing out there that does what I have in mind(as far as I know).

To be fair..

If ur idea is based on taking other pieces from other peoples games (i.e. taking other peoples 'ideas') and putting them together then i kinda fail to see how ur idea is going to be 'revolutionary' or 'original'..

From that i'm not even sure if it would even be possible to patent it aswell
(i'm not an expert, but surely if u take a vacuum cleaner and a washing machine and put them together to make a 'clothes-washing-vacuum-cleaner-thing' u've not really created anything original or of your own work that is worthy of patent..??)

Also dont b fooled into thinking that mixing aspects of various games together will lead to a 'guaranteed successful' title..
Many have tried this method b4 and unless it is "incredibly well implemented" it will just end up another mediocre "6.5 scoring title on www.IGN.com"...

My advice is do some research into ur idea.. check out as many games as possible that are currently available and as many developers as possible.. chances r that ur idea has already been done b4.. but if u do and u still find that ur onto something then good luck to u mate..
Also.. to add to my last post..

U might wanna put ur idea to as many of ur friends and family as possible to get feed-back.. U may think ur idea is good because it would make for a game that u would love to play.. but unless it has widespread appeal then its unlikely that anyone would be willing to take it on..

Gud luck mate!!
Quote:Original post by Thygrrr
chances are that no one will bother 'stealing' it.

Thats not true..

people will steal it in some form or another.. a gud idea is a good idea in the long run and it only takes one person to take it and make a game out of it and then other play the game and like the idea, vary it slightly and use it for there game and other will play there game and like the idea etc etc...

Thats how game genre's are created..

Why do u think we have so many Virtual Fighter, DMC and GTA clones on the market?
frankseye,
(sorry im a little behind the current comments)

i dont know what your looking for, but there is nothing out there that is going to do that.

that takes hard work, and a whole lot of creative genius, which does not insure success.

its not as simple as saying "i want a game kinda like a mixture between halo and metal gear, with a little bit of some other stuff"
hell, even if you knew "exactly" what every detail of the game would be like, you would still need alot of programming wisdom to implement it, because some combinations are just not plausible (or even possible). sometimes you find that is the reason why someine else has not done it allready.

just an aside,

are you joking?
Quote:Why do u think we have so many Virtual Fighter, DMC and GTA clones on the market?

We are talking about a new idea, not copying something that already exist.

Being first is costly, no matter which industry we talk about. If the idea is any good, the OP will have to shove it down people's throats to get any help at all. If the OP is fully invested in the effort of realizing it, then it will eventually make it to the market. Maybe. If this is a good seller, others will take note and start incorporating some elements into their design. Only when this is really a HUGE multi-million dollar success is when you get ready for knock-offs.
Publishers won't sign NDAs - but they will make you sign one.

Also Lucas did not sell Pixar to Disney - he sold the computer division of ILM to Steve Jobs, who set them up as Pixar, Disney are the producer & distributor of Pixar films (although that deal's just come to an end).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement