TI-83 MarageOS

Started by
2 comments, last by sit 19 years, 6 months ago
ok i have some games that run in marage OS and i was wondering if that was some sort of compiler for the TI or if it was just a way to orginize files? if the former is true were do you find tutorials?
____________________________"This just in, 9 out of 10 americans agree that 1 out of 10 americans will disagree with the other 9"- Colin Mochrie
Advertisement
it is used to organize the programs and secure them
and run programs that need shells, like ION
MirageOS is a shell, like ion

it gives games several useful functions their authors would otherwise have to make themselves, like some sprite functions.

All mirageOS games written for that calculator are written in assembly, if I recall correctly only the 89 and 92 have a worthy c compilier avalible (ti-gcc or something)

look for how to program ion programs, the only difference I can remember for mirageos programs is a header containing the program icon [this is well documented on the mirageos website]

to code in assembly it is much easier to do it on a computer, and test in a virtual environment such as vti or ti's flash debugger

you can enter and compile assembly code on the calculator in one of two ways:
use an app [better idea]
enter the hex into the basic editor and compilie it with the AsmCompSomethingWhatver command [a pain, and not a good intro to assembly]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement