Annoying problems with quake 3

Started by
15 comments, last by lubby 19 years, 6 months ago
I did what you said. it opens and closes so quickly , that I cant see if it worked or not.I saw something about a log file though. anyways, i am gonna boot up quake now and see if it works or not. thanks!

*EDIT* Nope, there is still no AAS or whatever for the map. I put exactly what you said in the bat file and clicked on it. that didnt work. then I typed the absolute adress of the file, and that didnt work either.
______________________________My website: Quest Networks
Advertisement
cd is a command that stands for "change directory"
the two dots mean go up one directory

if your starting in the directory "c:\documents and settings\jack"
here is how you can navigate to the "c:\program files\quake iii arena\tools" directory

c:\documents and settings\jack> cd ..
c:\documents and settings> cd ..
c:\> cd program files
c:\program files> cd quake iii arena
c:\program files\quake iii arena> cd tools
c:\program files\quake iii arena\tools> _

now you are in the directory "c:\program files\quake iii arena\tools"

in this directory there is a .exe named bspc.exe.
if you want to execute it you can type in bspc and press enter

it looks like it takes some command line arguments
bspc -bsp2aas "c:\program files\quake iii arena\tools\maps\arena2.bsp"
actually, I found a neat little tool online where I just pick the level in a GUI and it creates the ASS for me. thanks for everyones help!
even if you found a solution, I'll just add something about this:

Quote:it opens and closes so quickly , that I cant see if it worked or not

just add a last line "pause", it will wait until you press a key to close the window, quite useful to see what's printed in the dos window ;)
Quote:actually, I found a neat little tool online where I just pick the level in a GUI and it creates the ASS for me. thanks for everyones help!

I am glad someone still gets some use out of my GUI :-)
thanks for the tip sbibi. and lubby, you made that? its a great tool(alot easier then the dos prompt way) Thanks!
Quote:and lubby, you made that? its a great tool(alot easier then the dos prompt way) Thanks!

If its BSPC-GUI you are using then yes, I dont know any other front ends for BSPC out there, so I guessed it was. /yw :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement