"Everlasting" horror game extravaganza

Started by
2 comments, last by Unknown Target 19 years, 6 months ago
I have an awesomely cool idea for a game, and I have already started on it but want critisism. Okay, the idea simplisized: A horror game. A girl (please give me a spiffy cool name in comments) wakes up and everyone in the entire world is gone except for her. Spirits and evil creature things roam the earth and well, she kills them and finds whatever it is she needs to save the earth, blah blah..you dont want to hear the story line that much. It will be a third person horror, and hopefully very player/comp interactive. I also hope to have decently good AI. Magicle abilitys with particle systems will be included. I will hopefully make it with DirectX 9.0, yay... anywho, lots of guns. I want to be able to choose hair styles and clothings as well (I hated the whole 'you cant change your clothes unless you have a key' thing in all of the horror games). Very interactive indeed, such as, "would you like to drink the cold cofee with blood in it?" hehe, hope ya can help, and it will be a little more detailed than that, with more options. Also, im under 18, so no personal parts (hehehe), and I will try not to make it so overly gory, just enough to be cool and scary. I hate overly bloody games. Please post critizism.
Advertisement
your game sounds a lot like the silent hill series.
Quote:Original post by Silver Bananna Cat
I have an awesomely cool idea for a game, and I have already started on it but want critisism. Okay, the idea simplisized:

A horror game. A girl (please give me a spiffy cool name in comments) wakes up and everyone in the entire world is gone except for her. Spirits and evil creature things roam the earth and well, she kills them and finds whatever it is she needs to save the earth, blah blah..you dont want to hear the story line that much.

It will be a third person horror, and hopefully very player/comp interactive. I also hope to have decently good AI. Magicle abilitys with particle systems will be included.
I will hopefully make it with DirectX 9.0, yay... anywho, lots of guns. I want to be able to choose hair styles and clothings as well (I hated the whole 'you cant change your clothes unless you have a key' thing in all of the horror games). Very interactive indeed, such as, "would you like to drink the cold cofee with blood in it?" hehe, hope ya can help, and it will be a little more detailed than that, with more options.

Also, im under 18, so no personal parts (hehehe), and I will try not to make it so overly gory, just enough to be cool and scary. I hate overly bloody games. Please post critizism.

Actually, we would want to hear the story in order to give any criticism. You've just described a typical survival horror game and even included the token female main character.

Everybody wants good AI and a good particle system, but it doesn't do anything to shed light on your story. This is the Writing forum.

So my question to you is what your role is on this game? Are you writing it or are you trying to do everything?

More information on your story would need to be provided.
- A momentary maniac with casual delusions.
Make the player play through the day right before she wakes up and everyone's gone, and in some way, make her responsible for it. Then continue the game after she wakes up.

But, yea, actually, we do want to hear the story. That's the point of the writing forum, I gather :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement