What does d3drs_patchsegments?

Started by
0 comments, last by Talonius 19 years, 6 months ago
Hi there! Im currently mapping d3d calls to opengl calls on linux for wine, a windows layer. Now i was going for d3drs_patchsegments. MSDN sais it sets the number of segments per edge when tessellating an object (num_vertices in gluTess i think?!). So far, so good, thats not a big deal, but i wonder: it makes no sense to generate a function which takes a string which is set to a value and sets the value to another value so i thought there has to be done more (or i havent understand it right). So i searched a bit and found that there is no apropriate function doing tessellation in d3d (okay, there is tessellatenpatches, but i read that this isnt up to date anymore and is less and less used). I think it is maybe done with gluTess, but that would again mean i understood something wrong (and that cant be, right? ;) ). Anyway, who can help me out?
-"What would you say to the kids of Columbine?"-"I wouldn't say a single word to them. I'd listen to what they had to say. That's what no one did."-Marilyn Manson
Advertisement
Everything I've seen indicates that D3DRS_PATCHSEGMENTS is used for N-patch subdivision. For N-patch it takes a triangle list and divides it according to D3DRS_PATCHSEGMENTS. That's it.

I've never seen it used or even mentioned elsewhere.

..what we do will echo throughout eternity..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement