Visual Studio Prerequisites...

Started by
7 comments, last by jgoewert 19 years, 6 months ago
PLEASE what is the command for bypassing the prerequisites check and installation?
Advertisement
Erm. What prerequisite are you attempting to bypass? We can't legally allow you to ask how to bypass upgrade-related prereq tests here...

-fel
~ The opinions stated by this individual are the opinions of this individual and not the opinions of her company, any organization she might be part of, her parrot, or anyone else. ~
Insert CD 3 and install them. Wheels are a prerequisite for your car, and those are prerequisites for Visual Studio. It will not run if it is missing parts.
I have the ORIGINAL product but i dont want to install the prerequisites. There is a command to avoid this but I forgot it. Something like setup.exe /NOPS...something.
There's a README or similar at the root of the CD/DVD. I think the setup switches are mentioned there.
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
The more intresting question here is:
Why are you against the prerequisites?

No no no no! :)
Ok dont laugh but this is what happens: I insert the cd of prerequisites and instead of starting the operation of installing I got the setup of a different program starting which has nothing to do with the whole thing. i have checked for virus, spyware, trojans you name it with NAV, PCcillin and panda but nothing. I mean instead of starting the setup for prerequisites it starts the setup of a different program. So i said since the pr are not that important to me skip them.
I have no idea what is causing your problem. Maybe something isn't right in your registry? (just a thought)

Anyway, afaik you can't avoid pr. You need to work out what is causing your problem because it tells us something is wrong in your windows.
No no no no! :)
I don't know the command for it, but you can install the pre-reqs by hand prior to using the VC++ CD's.

Put it in. Get the message that you should put in disk 1 first instead. Explore the CDrom and go into the install folder. I think it's called "data". There is a setup.exe in there. Run that.

After it's done, put in CD1 again. It shouldn't complain about the missing pre-reqs anymore.

Is the unrelated program something telling you about installing frontpage extensions? Just hit the SKIP button.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement