Generating 3D image from 2D image file

Started by
10 comments, last by rezuan 19 years, 5 months ago
What kind of quality do you need and how many angles of the same picture do you get?

If you only get one angle, and quality isn't extremely important, it would be easy enough to map a person's ID to a 3d head. As far as heads go, you can assume an average shape and size that you would just paste the image on. The nose would be kind of a lump, not really defined, and you'd stretch the edge of the picture so that it curves correctly around the face.

If you get multiple angles, like the front and sides, you can use the same "average" head but paste the seperate images onto portions of the head. Where the images meet, you'd use a little alpha blending or line matching to get things to look right. The good thing about multiple angles is that you could get the outline of the head just right using the side view. If you can find the outline of the nose, then you have a good idea of where the eyes are and the whole thing kinda falls together.
"Donkey, if it were me, you'd be dead."I cna ytpe 300 wrods pre mniute.
Advertisement
the requirement is for me to demonstrate the understanding of projecting 3D image from 2D image by showing it in the method that i choose in projecting the 3D image.

the quality of the image wud be a plus point for me :P

tq.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement