[web] DreamWeaver - 550: Overwrite Error

Started by
3 comments, last by Rob Loach 19 years, 5 months ago
All of a sudden, DreamWeaver has started saying there's an overwrite error (550) whenever I attempt to save a file on the server. Anyone know anything about this?
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Advertisement
Nope, I run filezilla as my FTP. If you can't fix I would try it. It is by far the fastest ftp I have ever used.
Never experienced this before, but then I've not used Dreamweaver since Uni. I googled and found something:

Quote:Original Site

I had similar trouble during 'saves' to a linux-box, with DWMX. I was getting a "550 error permission denied" or some such verbiage.

I found that when I turned /off/ Design Notes and upload notes for sharing, my troubles went away.
Somehow, permissions were screwy in the 'overwrite file' area. Each time a Note was updated, it seemed that DW wouldn't have the proper permissions, despite whatever permissions I had for myself on the server.

No Notes, No problem. If you need Notes, there might be a problem, though.

Are you uploading to Linux, WindowsServer, or do these errors occur regardless of server platform?

No sure if the error masseage (550...) is from the server or from DW, but I think it's from the server. Your "can't Put" message might be Windows way of telling you that there's a permissions/rights issue.

Not sure this helps. Hope it does.

Or it also looks likely that it may be a server configuration change that's causing it. Has your host changed any config settings lately?
Never tried dreamweaver as ftp, if this doesnt work out, try filezilla.
Quote:Original post by DerAnged
Never tried dreamweaver as ftp, if this doesnt work out, try filezilla.

I really recommend it. You save your document and it automatically uploads it to the FTP for you in the correct directory. Very fast and awesome for quickly testing.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement