ARGH SDK wont install!!

Started by
3 comments, last by Ademan555 19 years, 5 months ago
Ok wow... I cant install the sdk, when i run the cabinet extractor (for the october 2004 update) it goes to somewhere around 15% (thats what it looks like) and then goes back to the beggining, this repeats for 5 maybe 6 times, then it gives me a message box error: "Extracting file failed. It is most likely caused by low memory (low disk space for swapping file) or corrupted Cabinet file." now, ive tried redownloading the sdk, and the SAME EXACT thing happened, down to where the progress bar would go to... anyone have a clue on a) how do i fix this or if nothing else b) what exactly this problem means thanks a ton -Dan
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
Advertisement
Try to extarct something else with this cabinet extractor,
maybe the extractor itself is corrupted.
There is nothing that can't be solved. Just people that can't solve it. :)
This is getting rediculous, i tried using winrar to extract it, and it said the archive was corrupt (winrar CAN open those things, it got to about 97%), and ive downloaded it again... and same thing with winrar and running it normally, ugh, maybe my net just sucks that bad or something...

-Dan
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
Are you using any kind of download manager? If so, turn it off. You may want to try emailing someone at the DX team about it if you can't get it resolved. However, if it was a problem with the files on the sever, it probably would have been fixed by now.
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
i may email them, i downloaded it for the fourth time this morning, and it still didnt work, same problems, im not using any sort of download manager/accellerator, but my internet is TERRIBLE.

actually, as a public service announcement, i have earthlink dsl, and it is TERRIBLE, if you have a choice, do not get it, since this summer (no changes at my house) my internet connection has been incredibly unstable

anywho, thanks for the suggestion
-Dan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement