Radeon loses TexCoords in VP (kinda solved)

Started by
11 comments, last by _the_phantom_ 19 years, 4 months ago
hmmm did I read that right and that you are creating and destorying pbuffers as you use them?
I'm not convinced thats the best way to go about it, each time you create you making a new context, its probably better to create a couple of contexts on startup and reuse them as needed (and pray a proper render-to-texture extension appears soon... )
Advertisement
Sorry for the misundrestanding, Im not doing it personally, but Pbuffers are designed to beable to do that. at least thats what I belive the specification stated

I use my allocated pbuffers consistantly every frame so I would have no need to destory them.

Quote:Original from OpenGL Extension Registry
Note that pbuffers use framebuffer resources so applications should consider deallocating them when they are not in use.
"I seek knowledge and to help those who also seek it"
yeah, you can free and recreate them as needed, however in a game situation its pretty safe just to reserve them up front and leave them around until you dont need them for a prolonged period or until the game ends [smile].

Granted, it is possible that the driver could well reclaim the pbuffer for some reason (most RTT code I've seen has a check to make sure the pbuffer is still alive), but i've never seen it happen and i dont know why it would (I guess it could happen if you create all your contexts, delete them and recreate them (say to change screen res) and dont indicate you have done so...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement