Finished game feedback

Started by
65 comments, last by Chronos- 19 years, 3 months ago
Windows file doesn't seem to want to open to download,....
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
Advertisement
The download was very slow for me, if you like I can host it on my website as well, Chronos-. Let me know, please.

-Greven

edit>>
level: 37
combo: 5
high combo: 21
score: 64078

Game ran a bit slow about this point, not entirely sure why but the effects were great. GUI was one of the best I've seen, and I liked the attention to detail -- like how the stuff in the background fluctuated when you cleared some of the 'zoids.

[Edited by - Evil_Greven on January 15, 2005 9:57:49 PM]
You are truly hardcore with the scripting:

function Vector_Subtract2(v1,v2)	return {v1[1]-v2[1],v1[2]-v2[2],v1[3]-v2[3]};endfunction Matrix_TransformVector2(m, src)	return {src[1] * m[1] +  src[2] * m[2] + src[3] * m[3] + m[4],			src[1] * m[5] +  src[2] * m[6] + src[3] * m[7] + m[8],			src[1] * m[9] +  src[2] * m[10] + src[3] * m[11] + m[12]};end	function Matrix_Identity2()	return {1,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,1};endfunction Vector_Dot(v1,v2)	return v1[1]*v2[1] + v1[2]*v2[2] + v1[3]*v2[3];	end

You've created the ideal situation as far as having a data-driven engine. My only fear is having to learn the nuances of yet another language. I wonder if someone will make a lua-like scipting library that has c++ syntax.

I think Ruby is like VB, which would also work
Thanks for the Linux version! You should see about getting this game added to the package repositories for Debian, Red Hat, etc. It is far beyond worthy to be added to the list. [smile]

Hero of Allacrost - A free, open-source 2D RPG in development.
Latest release June, 2015 - GameDev annoucement

Great game! Was it just me or did the levels get easier as the game went on? (Classic mode I believe I was on)

~SPH
AIM ME: aGaBoOgAmOnGeR
Every once in a while, someone comes along and shows just how simple, fun, and straightforward a game can be. No super fancy pixel shaders and all that jazz, just downright mad fun, good art, and awesome concept. I seriously lost track of time playing this game.
Quote:Original post by Wyglif
You are truly hardcore with the scripting:

function Vector_Subtract2(v1,v2)	return {v1[1]-v2[1],v1[2]-v2[2],v1[3]-v2[3]};endfunction Matrix_TransformVector2(m, src)	return {src[1] * m[1] +  src[2] * m[2] + src[3] * m[3] + m[4],			src[1] * m[5] +  src[2] * m[6] + src[3] * m[7] + m[8],			src[1] * m[9] +  src[2] * m[10] + src[3] * m[11] + m[12]};end	function Matrix_Identity2()	return {1,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,1};endfunction Vector_Dot(v1,v2)	return v1[1]*v2[1] + v1[2]*v2[2] + v1[3]*v2[3];	end

You've created the ideal situation as far as having a data-driven engine. My only fear is having to learn the nuances of yet another language. I wonder if someone will make a lua-like scipting library that has c++ syntax.

I think Ruby is like VB, which would also work

heheh, those were just to test to see which version was faster, calling a C function or just implementing it in LUA. Most of the matrix math is still done engine side because of assembly optimizations.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement