Searching for an RPG on the net

Started by
2 comments, last by nife 19 years, 3 months ago
Hi Everyone, I'm doing a bit of market research and I was wondering if you could list the sorts of search terms you'd type into Google (or your favourite search engine) if you were looking for an RPG on the net? I want to use this information to decide what type of game I'm going to make.
"I am a pitbull on the pantleg of opportunity."George W. Bush
Advertisement
What do you mean when you say "looking for an RPG on the net"? Do you mean an RPG that you can play across the net, or any RPG game that has a website on the net? Do you only want free RPGs, indie RPGs, professional RPGs, or all RPGs? I think once you can answer these questions, you should be able to figure out the search terms yourself. The key to google is being specific about what you want. [smile]

By the way, isn't this thread a little off-topic for this forum? I think it would belong better somewhere else...

Hero of Allacrost - A free, open-source 2D RPG in development.
Latest release June, 2015 - GameDev annoucement

It sounds to me as if he is asking for what keywords YOU would type in. My guess is he envision these searchterms to be keywords, and thus a digest form of the features and gameplay gamers are looking for. This is not a good place to do this, I would go to a gameforum, not a developer forum.

"free RPG dynamic world quest levels" is what I could see myself enter into google if I thought it would do any good. But I don't. I'd write "Agentbased Medeival Simulator Dynamic Plot Development" if I had even greater fate in the capabilities of a searchengine to find this kind of thing accuratly. My point is, if you are actually searching for features, and not for what to put in the META tags of your website, maybe you should refrase.

Anyway, good luck with this, and your future game.
/RC
You could search SourceForge (sourceforge.net), that way you would also get some sort of an idea of how hard it will be. Just type RPG in SF search, you will get quite a few results.
Killers don't end up in jailThey end up on a high-score!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement