Video Capture Programs

Started by
4 comments, last by Michalson 19 years, 3 months ago
Does anybody know of any good video capture programs that will let you record a game without make it laggy and have HUGE file size? Im trying to make some gameplay videos of Wanderlust online(the teams game i do art for) and HyperCam makes the game SUPER laggy and 80mb for 2mins. Anybody know of any better ones? thanks in advance.
Advertisement
VirtualDub can compress as it records (so you can go straight to MPEG4 if you want!)

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Thanks for the fast reply. I got it but i cant seem to figure how to record? any idea?
you can also try fraps, i'm afraid it will be even less friendly with the size, but from my experience it's pretty fast, and you can always compress video later (with virtualdub ;)
Quote:Original post by d2king10
Thanks for the fast reply. I got it but i cant seem to figure how to record? any idea?

Slower response this time - just go File -> Capture AVI.
This assumes you have a video capture device. This won't just record a video of your screen - sorry if that's what you're after [sad].

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Fullscreen capture isn't really fast under any circumstance. As you are probably aware, while video writes can be fast, reads to system memory are slow. Capturing the entire screen takes a lot of time (just to get the image into system memory), on top of that you are trying to encode a large (640x480) image in realtime, which is no simple task either.

I would suggest you minimize the resolution, 320x240 if it's possible (320x240 realtime screen capture and encoding is well within reason, assuming you have fast enough hardware), or use a second computer to do an analog capture of the video being output by the first.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement