Outline Fonts Tut#14 Question

Started by
0 comments, last by kburkhart84 19 years, 3 months ago
HI folks! I need your help concerning the outline font tutorial and i hope this is the right place to state the question. As far as I understood the tutorial you create a font with the "CreateFont" function. And with the first two paramters you set the hight and the width of the font, but regardless of what I enter the font always looks the same. Did any of you experiance similar difficulties or knows the solution? Thanks a lot in advnace! Regards Woltan
Advertisement
I don't know what the width parameter is really for, but I never use it. I put 0 and let windows do it for me.
hfont=CreateFont(-size, 0, 0, 0, 400, IsItalic,FALSE,FALSE,ANSI_CHARSET,OUT_TT_PRECIS, CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS, ANTIALIASED_QUALITY, FF_DONTCARE|DEFAULT_PITCH, fontname);
size should be negative to make it use that size, not units or something like that. I don't know what it does when it is positive, but it doesn't work right. The 400 is for normal font, not bold. 700 would be bold. The rest you already know. If you change the fontname, it uses the new font. It shouldn't have any problems with looking the same.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement