People says SDL is good. How good is good..?

Started by
22 comments, last by nuvem 19 years, 2 months ago
Lots and lots of intressting responses...even bornt an article [grin]
Thanks for all replies, i've gotten more than just a response to my question!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"Ask not what humanity can do for you, ask what you can do for humanity." - By: Richard D. Colbert Jr.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Drew_Benton
Ok Fruny everyone I have written a little article on my opinions on the whole SDL vs GLFW issue. It was too long to be posted here. You can find it
here on my web page. Feel free to PM me or post responses to it. I hope this can come of some use for someone [smile].

- Drew

BTW, You can do the no-<windows.h> trick with SDL too. Just include "SDL_opengl.h" instead of:
#include <windows.h>#include <GL/gl.h>#include <GL/glu.h>
Quote:Original post by TravisWells
BTW, You can do the no-<windows.h> trick with SDL too. Just include "SDL_opengl.h" instead of:
#include <windows.h>#include <GL/gl.h>#include <GL/glu.h>

You know what, I knew that, but when I was writing that article this morning, I tried it and could not find the right hearder file to use, so I figured I was just missing that file. I just recently looked at the SDL 1.2.X change log for past revisions and saw that they added that around 1.2.3 IIRC. So I tried it again just now, and realized it's
#include <SDL/SDL_opengl.h>
for me. Heaven knows what I *tried* to include this morning [lol]. I will make that update with credit to you for poiting that out, but I will still keep my point because most people do not know about that really [wink]. Thanks for pointing that out as well as taking the time to read it [smile].

Quote:Original post by Android_s
Lots and lots of intressting responses...even bornt an article [grin]
Thanks for all replies, i've gotten more than just a response to my question!

[smile] Well its one of those questions that a lot of people ask, and rather than always link back to ther posts, might as well have made one page with all my opinons on the two. Plus I needed an excuse to write an article. The last one I wrote was on installing dev-cpp. Heaven knows when that's going to appear on GD...And when it does, it's going to be so outdated!

- Drew

[edit] Page updated!

[Edited by - Drew_Benton on February 13, 2005 9:19:57 PM]
Nifty, thanks for pointing out GLFW! It looks like exactly what I've been looking for, especially for input (my biggest issue w/ SDL).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement