Pre-rendered scenarios

Started by
0 comments, last by Plasmadog 19 years, 2 months ago
Hi, all. I'm looking for some cool sprites to make a side-scroller game. I love the oddworld series (Abbe's oddysee, Abbe's exoddus...) and I was looking for some sprites of the main hero: Abbe. So I got to some sites where I read that those games were made using a technic of background called pre-rendered backgrounds. What does it mean? For what I saw, the background is pretty real and the interaction with it is awesome. How is it made and what is the difference between this and the tradicional background? PS: I haven't found good sprites for Abbe yet. If anyone knows where I can get them please tell me. Thanks.
Gimme fuel, gimme fire, gimme that which I desire.Metallica / Fuel
Advertisement
It just means that the environments were created in a 3d modelling tool and then rendered as 2d images for use as backgrounds. Ultimately though, they are just pictures, same as any other game.
You are not the one beautiful and unique snowflake who, unlike the rest of us, doesn't have to go through the tedious and difficult process of science in order to establish the truth. You're as foolable as anyone else. And since you have taken no precautions to avoid fooling yourself, the self-evident fact that countless millions of humans before you have also fooled themselves leads me to the parsimonious belief that you have too.--Daniel Rutter

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement