compilation problem for Direct X9 on VC++6 with XP

Started by
1 comment, last by rpsathe 19 years, 2 months ago
Folks, This is really a rukie question. But that's why I am asking you guys. So I am able to compile the tutorials that come along with Direct X Version 9. But when I try to compile anything in samples, I get following errors. I played with include and lib paths but still getting the same errors. Do I need to tweak something ? I am using VC++ 6.0 with Direct X9. I am using win XP. Here is the error long C:\Documents and Settings\rpsathe\Desktop\DX9_SDK\Samples\C++\common\d3dapp.cpp(871) : error C2065: 'ULongToHandle' : undeclared identifier d3denumeration.cpp d3dfont.cpp d3dsettings.cpp C:\Documents and Settings\rpsathe\Desktop\DX9_SDK\Samples\C++\common\d3dsettings.cpp(266) : error C2664: 'DialogBoxParamA' : cannot convert parameter 4 from 'long (struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)' to 'int (__stdcall *)(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)' None of the functions with this name in scope match the target type C:\Documents and Settings\rpsathe\Desktop\DX9_SDK\Samples\C++\common\d3dsettings.cpp(512) : error C2065: 'ULongToPtr' : undeclared identifier C:\Documents and Settings\rpsathe\Desktop\DX9_SDK\Samples\C++\common\d3dsettings.cpp(710) : error C2065: 'UlongToPtr' : undeclared identifier d3dutil.cpp dxutil.cpp OptimizedMesh.cpp C:\Documents and Settings\rpsathe\Desktop\DX9_SDK\Samples\C++\Direct3D\Meshes\OptimizedMesh\OptimizedMesh.cpp(198) : error C2065: 'HandleToLong' : undeclared identifier Generating Code... Any pointers ? I saw a similar post. I mean the post with similar problems but the answer did was changing the long pointer to int. If that is indeed the answer, can anyone tell me where exactly taht needs to be changed ? OR if there is a newer .dll or lib that I need to download. Thanks -R
Advertisement
Hi,

I also use VC++ 6.0 on WinXP and don't have any problems, however I never tried compiling the samples except the basic ones in the 'Tutorials' folder.

Offhand, here are some things I can think of:

1) I heard the December 2004 doesn't work on VC6 (see sticky post at top.)
2) If you are using the October 2004 (or earlier I think) you should use the d3dx9.lib files in the 'Extras' folder (seperate download.)
3) maybe you need the latest Platform SDK ? (you should get that anyway)
4) make sure you use SP5 for VC6 (probably doesn't matter but you should be using that anyway.)

Like I said, I'm using VC6 on WinXP and mine works with the things I just noted, and I'm somewhat of a newbie with D3D. Feel feel to ask me more questions if you can't get it working.

Take care.
How do I find out if my version is December or October. I actually got it from a friend's shared drive.

-Rahul

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement