Just Learning C question

Started by
5 comments, last by camdaman 19 years, 1 month ago
The last year i have been learning other languages besides C/C++. I have found that books help me out a lot. SO, Should I read Acelerated C++:Practicing by example Or Beginning C++ (both are in the book section of this website under beginners) Or suggust a book that you think would work better.
CaM Da MaN
Advertisement
Accelerated C++ is by Moo et al right? I've only heard good stuff about that book and if you ask me it seems to take the right approach to things. Problem is that your thread title says C not C++... But if it's C++ you intend on learning my guess is that it would be a good book to learn from.
HardDrop - hard link shell extension."Tread softly because you tread on my dreams" - Yeats
Ooops!... i meant C++..
CaM Da MaN
Quote:Original post by camdaman
Or suggust a book that you think would work better.

For learning C I'd suggest:
C: How to Program by Deitel and Deitel

For learning C++ I'd suggest:
C++: How to Program by Deitel and Deitel

They are both extremely good textbooks on the subject, covering the subjects very thoroughly while still (and this is key for a textbook) maintaining readability. They are toward the expensive end of the spectrum, but definately worth the investment.
Yes rather expensive....from www.bamm.com is 102 dollars...a little too expensive for this dude.
CaM Da MaN
Quote:Original post by jperalta
For learning C++ I'd suggest:
C++: How to Program by Deitel and Deitel

We used this in our computer science classes at the University of Cincinnati. I didn't like it that much, but I did already knew C++ before using it. It's been awhile since I've used it, and so I don't remember exactly why I didn't like it.

I haven't read either of the books you mentioned so I can't vouch for them. I'll look at my collection when I get home to see if I can suggest any of them.

When you say have been learning other languages besides C/C++, does this mean you learned C/C++ and haven't used it in awhile, or you are new to C/C++?

- Kevin
I understand the basics of C and C++ but havent reviewed in a while.
CaM Da MaN

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement