Any idea how can I solve this integral?

Started by
12 comments, last by grhodes_at_work 19 years ago
Quote:This has every indication of being schoolwork.

:) I've finished school in 1995 :) I'm trying to learn about the numerical approximation for integration (Simpson & Trapezoid rules) and this is a problem I do not know if it has a solution or I just simply don't get the idea right.
And I need that for my work.

Is my explanation good enough?

BTW I've changed to the function slightly to (Ln[(1+x)/(1-x)]+2*x^(1/3))/(x+2*Sin[x])

(log is now ln)
Another nameless person in the virtual space...
Advertisement
Nameless*,

I'll let the thread stay open now. But your clarification does not fully address the forum policy requirement for this type of question. You have not yet documented your own effort to solve the problem. And, you're being just a bit vague about your "work". If your work is game development, I'd like to see enough details that bring the thread on topic. If your work is not game development, tell us a little bit more and show your work.
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net
OK. If you think that my thread violates the rules. I won't mind if you close it.

Sorry! Pls delete this thread. I don't think I can do it myself.
I belive the problem is unsolvable with these parameters, so this thread doesn't makes sense now.
Another nameless person in the virtual space...
Nameless*, per your last request I'm closing (but won't delete) the thread.

My main goal in my prior comments was to let you know what the forum policy is, and to also let you know that I do enforce policy. Not 100% consistent, since a lot of this is subjective and its just impossible. But, I do try to enforce it. That is all!
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement