looking for free playing card graphics

Started by
11 comments, last by Hase 19 years ago
Could someone please tell me where I can find uncopyrighted playing card graphics for use in programming computer card games?
Advertisement
Why don't you just use a scanner to scan some real cards?
Because they'd probably be copyright'ed.
I thought you'd say that. It wouldn't be hard to draw most of them yourself, such as 10 of hearts and such. It would be the royal cards and the back of them that would be tough. Are you sure there is a copyright on images on cards? They all look the same to me, so wouldn't they all be breaching copyright?
If you're programming on windows then you could use cards.dll, but i don't know about copyright stuff

hope that helps !
Matt
Matt
Using the windows ones would probably be WORSE for copyright than scanning them. Do you want to mess with Microsoft?
Try this:

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Games/Card_Games/Cards_dll_Enhanced.html

I don't know if it's uncopyrighted, but seeing as how it is being given away for free, it's worth a shot.
It is freeware. Does that mean you can do whatever you want with the files? I'm sure that if you actually downloaded the file (which I didn't) it would tell you.
I didn't download it either. Freeware doesn't inherently mean you can do anything you like. If it doesn't say anything in the license agreement, I'd just send the creators an e-mail and see what they have to say.
Is your game going to be released or put on the web? If it is just for your personal use then it doesn't matter anyway.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement