Need to create a redistributable package for my demo, help

Started by
11 comments, last by John Schultz 18 years, 12 months ago
NSIS
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by kburkhart84
If you use DirectX, we need the DX version you have. If you use OpenAL, same thing, OpenGL, smae thing, Windows API, MAYBE the same thing. You know what your program uses, or you should anyway. What kind is it.

I don't know what the license is for OpenGL or OpenAL, but if you use DirectX, you need to get permission from Microsoft - I've read it somewhere, just don't remember where right know (probably on MS's site)...
Killers don't end up in jailThey end up on a high-score!
Quote:Original post by ababkin
ok i'll do that

by making sure no dll's are used , do you mean make sure that in Project Settings/ C/C++ tab, Use runtime control: I choose Single-threaded ?

Thanks
Alex

Release builds: Single-threaded if your code does not use threads, else Multithreaded (when you are using CreateThread(), etc.).

Debug builds: Debug single-threaded, Debug Multithreaded, as above.

In General / Microsoft Foundation Classes, select Not Using MFC.

Turn off precompiled headers. When creating a new project, don't enable precompiled header support.

Turn off RTTI and Exception Handling if not in use.

In Link/Category:General, Object/Library modules, you can usually pare down the libraries to:

kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib openGL32.lib glu32.lib

Another option, once you determine how to create a project using no VC6 runtime dlls, is to recreate your demo's project from scratch.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement