Ok, lets talk Episode III *SPOILER WARNING!*

Started by
224 comments, last by Sagar_Indurkhya 18 years, 11 months ago
Well, I thought Mace Windu's death was one of the stupidly funniest deaths ( only superceded by Denethor in RoTK, you know, the dude who is on fire, falling off the edge of Minas Tirith, into the army of Sauron ), that it was hardly tragic for me at all. And Anakin.. he's standing right there. The emperor lied about being weak. Um. Then massive lightning bolts, hurling old mace 50 blocks. Hmm! Anakin? Notice anything odd there? Nope.

I thought the movie was incredible for entertainment values, but after all that has gone before, I wanted a little more convincing about why Anakin joined Palpatine..
it was like ->

P : Join me!
A : Never!
P : Join me!
A : Sithors are evils!
P : ( Hurls Windu out Windo ) Join me!
A : oh, alright then

:)
Advertisement
My personal opinion: the emperor wasn't pretending. I really think Mace would've beaten him if Anakin hadn't been there. After Anakin "disarmed" him, the emperor had a free shot, and he threw everything he had left at him. Of course, that indicates that Mace might have been more powerful than Yoda, which not a lot of people would accept. Of course, yoda could stop the lightning with nothing but his hands, while Mace required his lightsaber.
Quote:Original post by Chokki
With the many inconsitencies already between the books and the new movies, its really hard to quote any of the books as fact anymore..

Actually I think the movies aren't very consistant with themselves anymore. Does anyoune else think so?
Quote:Original post by Nemesis2k2
My personal opinion: the emperor wasn't pretending. I really think Mace would've beaten him if Anakin hadn't been there. After Anakin "disarmed" him, the emperor had a free shot, and he threw everything he had left at him. Of course, that indicates that Mace might have been more powerful than Yoda, which not a lot of people would accept. Of course, yoda could stop the lightning with nothing but his hands, while Mace required his lightsaber.

I was thinking that Mace nearly defeated Sidious because he was weaker at that time, then after Sidious used all his dark side powers, like lightning, he became stronger with the dark side of the force, and therefore Yoda couldn't take him later on.
Quote:Original post by jClardy
Quote:Original post by Nemesis2k2

I was thinking that Mace nearly defeated Sidious because he was weaker at that time, then after Sidious used all his dark side powers, like lightning, he became stronger with the dark side of the force, and therefore Yoda couldn't take him later on.

Yeah I'd like to think that Mace was really kicking his balls but if you read all the other stuff that happened like general grevious getting away from mace I guess it happened it clonewars animation?
And how the emperor didn't even break a sweat when he told anakin he was sith lord I think he was 99% toying with him. I guess I really have to see the movie again to determine if mace really suprised the emperor by disarming his lightsaber cuz like obiwan always says don't ever lose your lightsaber and when mace did that's when the emperor let him have it.
I'm assuming the emperor really couldn't take out mace without getting him to lose his lightsaber since no matter how much lightning he threw at him mace had the skill/lightsaber to absorb it/deflect it to the point of causing hurt to the emperor.
In yoda's case I think he was weakened by the death's of all the jedi as you could see in the movie when he was on the wookie planet he looked dazed for a second and although he awesome with a lightsaber like mace he really didn't have the physical presence like mace. I mean you could see mace putting all his weight/force down on the emperor when he was on top of him not to mention like when anakin killed dooku at the beginning of the movie the look in mace's eyes/face looked like he was tapping abit into the darkside which yoda would never do so he was probably momentarily stronger than yoda?
[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Anakins fall from grace was poorly handled. it could have been delicious, instead it gives you indigestion.

over all a good movie, excepting the aforementioned issue.
"Let Us Now Try Liberty"-- Frederick Bastiat
I've got a question, why was the movie released a day earlier in Costa Rica?
Quote:Original post by Samith
I've got a question, why was the movie released a day earlier in Costa Rica?

It was a charity event to raise money to aid kids with cancer, when Episode II came out there was a similar event, but that time it was for the Make a Wish foundation, then it was a pre-release 2 weeks before the official one, which was about a month and a half after the release in the US.

This time we were lucky, most of the time we get to wait and wait and then wait for movies to be on theathers, for example, hitchickers guide to the galaxy is due in August.
Quote:Original post by kryatThe space battles lacked the grandios feeling of Episode VI.

That's what -I'm- talking about. It just doesn't get any better, the new special effects capabilities are wasted for the most part.

I'll never argue Star Wars universe because somebody will always know more (or make it up if they don't), but I still think there should be some spacecraft overlap. The same spacecraft were in all the originals (for the most part) and presumably some time elapsed... obviously I recognize the ships that are 'almost' x-wings and 'almost' tie fighters, etc. but that's just not good enough for me. I've played too many of the excellent LucasArts sims and watched the originals too many times to be satisfied. The old spacecraft just have so much more character. I don't even recall the fighters names in the new movie, if they were even mentioned. In the original trilogy, you definitely hear the words x-wing/tie fighter/star destroyer/millenium falcon/etc. SPOKEN many times each.

"Split up and head to the surface! And see if you can't get a few of those... TIE fighters to follow you!"

Quote:Original post by MasterWorks
I'll never argue Star Wars universe because somebody will always know more (or make it up if they don't), but I still think there should be some spacecraft overlap. The same spacecraft were in all the originals (for the most part) and presumably some time elapsed... obviously I recognize the ships that are 'almost' x-wings and 'almost' tie fighters, etc. but that's just not good enough for me.

They are all there, they're just the 20 years earlier models. Would you expect the 1980 model and the 2000 model of your favourite cars to look the same? Didn't think so. Using the same fighters, etc would have look wrong.

Quote:I've played too many of the excellent LucasArts sims and watched the originals too many times to be satisfied.

Which are all set in the same time frame, so of course they're the same fighters, etc.

Quote:The old spacecraft just have so much more character.

And in 20 years time when episode's 7-9 are made everyone will be saying the same thing about the fighters in episodes 1-3 [smile]

Quote:...general unhapiness about Anakin's change to the dark side...

People seem to be forgetting that this guy was FUCKED IN THE HEAD! He was taken from his mother at a young age, gone under continuous intensive training, had a serious ego as a result of his skills in the force, constantly had horrible nightmares, went back for his mother only to watched her die, had to hide a forbidden love and was finally having visions of HER dying in front of him as well! In his desperation to prevent this Palpantine convinced him that the dark side could save Padme and the only one who could teach him the dark side was about to be killed by Mace. If he was thinking then sure, it would have been obvious that he was being tricked, but the point is he WASN'T THINKING. Episodes 1-3 have all made a big point of Anakin's emotions (despite the bad acting) ruling him even though he knew he was doing something he shouldn't. Killing Mace to save Padmai (NOT Palpantine, he was just a way to save Padme) was the final straw that made something in Anakin's mind go *SNAP*
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.".....V

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement