Ok, lets talk Episode III *SPOILER WARNING!*

Started by
224 comments, last by Sagar_Indurkhya 18 years, 11 months ago
Quote:Original post by Boris Karloff

Quote:GL commentaryLuke is Vader's hope. His motives at this point are purely evil. He simply wants to continue what he's been doing before, which is to get rid of the Emperor, and make himself Emperor. He only sees his son as a mechanism to further that ambition.

You can also tell during the scene with the Emperor's hologram: the Emperor mentions the son of Anakin Skywalker. Vader acts suprised to hear that he has a son, even though he already knows this (he says "I'm sure Skywalker is with them." earlier on). He had been looking for Luke the whole time so that they could team up and destroy the Emperor according to the "always two" rule. When the Emperor 'reveals' that Vader has a son, Vader doesn't fess up because then the Emperor would know Vader had been hiding something from him. Then, the Emperor wants Luke dead, but because Vader needs him, he suggests turning Luke to the Dark Side instead, supposedly as 'a powerful ally', but in secret so that the two younger Siths can overthrow the older.

I thought GL mentioned that Vader thought it was another Skywalker as if Skywalker was as common 'Smith'.
-----------------------------Download my real time 3D RPG.
Advertisement
He did, but that was in reply to the question of why nobody thought that they should have changed Luke's name. During TESB, Vader knows which Skywalker he is dealing with.
Nein heer du smign. ah open up the nine im heer du shmine
So the only real question that I have after watching all six movies is, where did Grand Moff Tarken come from?
Here is a guy that appears to have authority or at least some semblance of control over vader in the 4th movie, at one point he even commands vader to release the guy that he's choking, and he does. Now stop me if I'm wrong, but weren't the two most bad ass individuals left at the end of Sith pretty much the Emporer and Vader (granted there was a 2 second cameo of Tarken). This is the same Vader that says earlier in the movie that he could rule the galaxy, the same Vader that the Emporer said would be even more powerful than himself. So what gives? Who is Tarken and who's butt did he have to kiss to get between the two.
He's just another high-ranking Imperial officer. Contrary to popular belief, Vader isn't the ruler over the Imperial officers. He's more or less on the same level in the hierarchy as the other top staff who work directly under the Emperor.
Nein heer du smign. ah open up the nine im heer du shmine
Tarkin is overseeing the construction of the Death Star... presumably if Vader was about to kill somebody that Tarkin thought was somewhat important to the task at hand, he would cede to Tarkin's request.

They certainly aren't equal but Tarkin gets a -whole- lot more respect from Vader (and presumably the Emperor) than any of the other "bad guys" in the first trilogy... right?
Quote:Original post by chiffon2020
So the only real question that I have after watching all six movies is, where did Grand Moff Tarken come from?
Here is a guy that appears to have authority or at least some semblance of control over vader in the 4th movie, at one point he even commands vader to release the guy that he's choking, and he does. Now stop me if I'm wrong, but weren't the two most bad ass individuals left at the end of Sith pretty much the Emporer and Vader (granted there was a 2 second cameo of Tarken). This is the same Vader that says earlier in the movie that he could rule the galaxy, the same Vader that the Emporer said would be even more powerful than himself. So what gives? Who is Tarken and who's butt did he have to kiss to get between the two.

Dude, I don't think Palpy gives a shit when D. Vader crushes the tracheas of low level officers w/ his mind powers, but when you start taking out top of the line officials, you are just hurting your cause.

Darth Vader isn't at fault. He is a victim of destiny. Starwars is a tradegy, and I guess D. Vader is the tragic hero.

Read the book by Matthew Stover. Conveys the emotions of Anakin very well.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement