managed directx framework

Started by
0 comments, last by Mykre 18 years, 10 months ago
- How good would you say is the managed directx FRAMEWORK(im talking about the project base shiped with mdx that handles lost devices etc.) given by microsoft? - Is it smart to use it for commercial projects? Will it be updated in the future (more or less become part of the SDK)? - How flexible is it? - Anybody have any experience with it? -CProgrammer
Advertisement

We are doing a lot with it at the moment, also keep in mind that there I have heard rumors that there is going to be a change in the next SDK coming this month (Hopefully in the next few days, if they follow the last few releases).

Also I have converted the Empty Project into a template for VS C# Express, it is located on my site Inner Realm, and The Zman has converted the April 2005 SDK Version to VB.Net which is also available from his site TheZBuffer.

In the way of Documentation, There is not much on it in the SDK, but we are working on documenting the base functions and adding some simple how to's (If anyone would like to assist please post a message on Inner Realm). There is also a book that Tom Miller has written called 'Beginning 3D Game Programming', inside this book Tom uses the framework to create 2 games and also help you get started on a third.

On Coding4Fun, the zman has been using the framework as a base for the articles that he has been working on, Also I have seen several projects that have started up that are using parts of it to complete their tasks, but have not seen any of these projects get to a completed stage so I can not comment on how complete they are.

If anyone does know of any projects that are in the works please email them to me so that I can continue to watch them or assist.
Mykre - BlogVirtual Realm :- XNA News and Resources from Down Under** For those Interested in an Australian XNA User Group Contact me though my site.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement