C++ skipping parts of code?

Started by
10 comments, last by jregan 18 years, 10 months ago
That's the reason it happens for me. Have you tried a complete clean/rebuild of the entire project and all its dependencies?
Advertisement
It is as indicated by other posters generally caused by the PDB file not matching up with the current state of the files --> The executable doesn't match the text version kept by the PDB. Sometimes though even if you do a make clean or what not it will not solve it, as the PDB may not be rebuilt . I am not saying I'm a total expert on how or when the PDB's for a given component are created, but in the case that it's skipping it even after you make clean and rebuild a component, you should just re-fetch the source from wherever you got it and start the build from there. HTH! =)

ack! sorry, I just thought of something else. if you just put a breakpoint in the method that is being called that it should be stepping into, then it will stop there.. you may still have to do make clean before that tho. usually I would just add that file to the project and then put a breakpoint in there.

[Edited by - jregan on June 5, 2005 9:15:39 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement