[.net] Where is the name?

Started by
7 comments, last by Daniel Miller 18 years, 10 months ago
Hello, I just implimented command-line arguements in my Windows Forms application. This allows me to right-click a file -> Open With my program. However, when I select my program from inside of Browse, the icon becomes generic (the icon that I chose works otherwise) and my application's name disappears (this is from inside of the Open With list). What should I do to fix this? Edit: ernow made me realize that my icon only appears when my program is running. That will probably make that problem easier to solve, but it doesn't explain why my program's name disappears from the Open With list.
Advertisement
How did you assign the icon?

Cheers
I selected my icon in the Windows style section under properties (Visual Studio 2003).

Come to think of it, I haven't seen my program with it's icon outside of when it is running. However, this is the only place where the name of my program disappears.
Update: I have found my way to AssemblyInfo.cs. What should I change in there?

Changing [assembly: AssemblyTitle("")] didn't seem to have any effect.
This is really starting to annoy me now.

None of the changes to AssemblyInfo seem to have any effect whatsoever.
Check the icon. It might have an empty small version attached...

Cheers
The application icon is selected under Project Properties. That is the icon that appears in Windows Explorer.

The window icon is set as a property of the form.
Michael Russell / QA Manager, Ritual EntertainmentI used to play SimCity on a 1:1 scale.
Quote:Original post by ernow
Check the icon. It might have an empty small version attached...

Cheers

Well, that was an earlier problem I was having, but the small version is there (the icon works fine when the program is running).

Quote:Original post by RomSteady
The application icon is selected under Project Properties. That is the icon that appears in Windows Explorer.

The window icon is set as a property of the form.

Thank you, that sovles my icon problem. :)

However, its name still will not show up in the Open With list. All I see is the (now correct) icon.
I am sorry for the bump, but does anyone know how to make the name show up?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement