asINVALID_CONFIGURATION

Started by
2 comments, last by Rain Dog 18 years, 10 months ago
What are the possible causes for this? I just did a redesign of the way my app interacts with the script engine. For the most part the registration methods are exactly the same except that I changed some objects from declarable types to Global properties. When I register the engine objects, no errors occur but when I build the engine the build returns failure.
Advertisement
After some debugging I found the issue. I had omitted an assert that would have immediately found the problem.
Just answering your question in case somebody else is wondering:

asINVALID_CONFIGURATION is returned by Build() if any of the previous calls to one of the Register...() methods failed. It would mean that you've done something wrong when setting up the engine and you'll have to fix it and recompile the application. Using asserts to verify each of the return values from the Register...() methods is an excellent way to discover where the real problem lies. A successful call to a Register...() always returns 0 or a positive value.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

In the haste of a rewrite I added a line like this:

RegisterGlobalProperty("ClassName", (void*)&MyObject::MyProperty);

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement