[web] hosting: pay per MB/GB plans?

Started by
1 comment, last by wardrox 18 years, 10 months ago
Has anyone had experience with hosting sites that offer pay-per-MB rates? For instance, www.nearlyfreespeech.net offers 1-cent per MB per month storage space and $1 per GB bandwidth. This seems like a really good deal to me. I don't need too much storage space, but I'm not really sure how much bandwidth I require, so this ensures that I only pay for what I use. Or is it better off to go with a flat-rate (yearly) plan?
___________________________Z2 Gamesfeaturing Zirconia 2: Battle [4E4], Cognizance, and Boxxed
Advertisement
My virtual server provider charges GBP £0.85 per gigabyte traffic. There is no separate charge for storage (although the server has a finite amount - in practice, enough). A given amount of bandwidth (15G I think) is included in the normal price. This works out as more than it would be if they only charged for bandwidth, but still a very good deal.

Mark
It depends on how much bandwidth you use as to if its a good deal, im currenly using up around 50% of my alloance of bandwidth per month, and the price is a fixed rate and it seems quite reasonable. I think the best thing you cna do is get a moderatly cheep host and see what your bandwidth is sitting at. Then once you know this you can work out the best deal.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement