Planning and organizing software

Started by
5 comments, last by coldacid 18 years, 10 months ago
I remeber a thread about software to manage development process. I also saw some links to free planning and organizing software there. Would you please remind me what kind of software I can use to organize development process and synchronize data with other team members? Or please give me a link on the previous thread. Thank you, I would appreciate it!
Web: http://www.kot-in-action.com
IRC: irc.freenode.org #steelstorm
Advertisement
For planning and tracking your work, I suggest XPlanner.

For keeping team documentation and notes together, you might want something like Plone.

For storing and collaborating on actual code (and art) files in a revision-controlled way, you most likely want SubVersion.
enum Bool { True, False, FileNotFound };
Thanks!
Web: http://www.kot-in-action.com
IRC: irc.freenode.org #steelstorm
I was recently shopping around for similar applications and came upon Alienbrain. It's not open source, and definitely not free, but for asset management it's allegedly very solid.

The options that hplus0603 listed look very useful as well.

-Razorguts
AB HarrisEngineer, RG Studios
I'd add a good Wiki (Twiki?) to the list as well.. it's amazingly usefull for keeping company documentation around.

We also use a bug-tracker (Mantis) for task and issue-tracking. Works surprisingly well.

Finally, Skype, email and MSN serve us for communication. It's good to talk, as the adverts say.

Allan
------------------------------ BOOMZAPTry our latest game, Jewels of Cleopatra
We use subversion that works like a charm! Really good!

You could also look into trac It has the most basic planning/project management features like tickets (tasks), milestones, wiki etc. It also integrates with subversion so they are a really nice combo.

Regards,
hObbE

[Edited by - h0bbE on June 30, 2005 3:36:10 PM]
-------T.W.T.P.B. stylized shoot 'em up game - Get it now while it's hot!
Meldstar uses phpCollab for team and project management, Mantis for bug tracking, and I personally use Niku Open Workbench for project scheduling. I'd add a wiki, if there were one that could be as easily appended to phpCollab as Mantis can be. For document editing normally I use OOo, but save documents in Word format. I'm moving, however, to editing DocBook by hand (until I can get a decent free editor).

Chris 'coldacid' Charabaruk – Programmer, game designer, writer | twitter

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement