what is Direct3D?

Started by
17 comments, last by derek7 18 years, 10 months ago
Quote:Original post by Promit
See, now I'm just freaking confused as hell.

Has that ever not happened when clicking on a Derek7 thread? :)

Advertisement
surprise?

now I think D3D is a component for you to do game in windows.

it help you do GPU programming.

so you can programming make great game.

it help you .it can save you time.it do hard work for you.

you can do excellent work depend it.without it you can not make game with little effort.

through making the demo and other work,I "really" feel the D3D do help for me.

so I want to see the d3d indepth.

you do know d3d allround.

I do not think many one know D3D indepth.
could somebody explain his thought process to me before my head blows up by confusion?
EDIT:
Quote:
This seems like an odd question for someone who has made a demo using it!

LOL!

EDIT EDIT: too late.
I program in my sleep,but when I sleep I use the partition in my head that doesnt have g++ or the .net library, so im kinda screwed.
Quote:Original post by derek7
surprise?

now I think D3D is a component for you to do game in windows.

it help you do GPU programming.

so you can programming make great game.

it help you .it can save you time.it do hard work for you.

you can do excellent work depend it.without it you can not make game with little effort.

And what part of that could you not get from reading the introductory SDK documentation? Have you actually read the documentation?
Well, i dont want to be rude, but from your reasoning i really doubt you did that demo. It uses Microsofts Skinned mesh model, and that means you had to animate it using Direct3D since that mesh file is an X file. From what i have read here you dont have a clue what Direct3D really is, and what it is used for.

And i KNOW i have seen that "Demo" somewhere else, most likely in a MS tech demo or something similar. And check out the DirectX Sample Browser that comes with the latest SDK releases, it has an almost exactly similar demo there, except it dont render a landscape but a quad instead.

If you REALLY have done that demo, then i apologize, but frankly, im almost 100% sure you havn't since i KNOW i have seen it before a long time ago.

// Allmight
-------------------------------------------------Founder and DirectorAllSoft Studios
if not mistaken, another poster pointed out that his demo was derivative (possibly stolen) from the Frank Luna book "Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX" ... derek7 even admits it a few posts later.

"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."
> what is a grue?
Quote:Original post by Andrew Russell

I concur.
I'm still confused by this whole thread. Regardless, generally when you have a question what is ____? The best place to start is wikipedia. Here's the Direct3D entry.
oh my god, you mean I stole ?

later the next demo will post.

from that how about what you guys said?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement